To all our members new rates will take affect on January 1, 2013. Click on the link below to see the rates.
“Eclipse Gym 24/7 price list may contain errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. We therefore reserve the right to correct any errors or inaccuracies and to change or update information at any time without prior notice. Please note that such errors or inaccuracies may be related to product descriptions, pricing and availability. In the event of a pricing error, Eclipse Gym 24/7 will provide you with the following options: (1) to proceed with the transaction based on the corrected information; or (2) to cancel your membership/transaction. We apologize for any inconvenience.”
It has been more than a year since Eclipse Gym 24/7 went under new management. A lot of things have changed and a lot of changes will still come. Eclipse Gym 24/7 will like to hear from our customers, so we know what we are doing things right and what we can improve on. We will like to prepare for more changes and we like to hear the side of our customers.
Please fill out our Customer Feedback form and tell us your opinions. Thank you and we hope to serve you better.
We are continuing the Eclipse Gym Back to Basics with the topic of intra abdominal pressure from our Breathing Technique for Stability article. This video will demonstrate intra abdominal pressure, so that you can understand it better. This is to illustrate it for better understanding since some members are asking about it.
We hope that by using the Soda Can analogy, you will have a better understanding of why it is better to maintain your intra abdominal pressure when working out. If you have further questions you can call, email, comment on this page, comment or ask questions on our Facebook page and profiles, ask in our twitter account, comment in our youtube channel and of course you can ask us personally when you visit our branches.
Enjoy the video!
If you have not already heard, you will probably hear us talk about proper breathing technique. Maybe we do not always remind those who regularly work out or maybe it is just second nature that we forget to mention it if not asked about, but we do teach this to new and old members when they start with our program. This “breathing technique” that we use in Eclipse Gym is simple and can improve your lifts by a long shot. It basically helps in the stability in every exercise we do and when lifting heavy objects this is the natural breathing that an individual lifting weights should do. We are all about doing our exercises naturally, meaning doing things the way the body will naturally behave or execute a given movement.
Here is how you would perform this breathing technique, using squats as an example:
Take a deep breath (and hold your breath) start squatting while sticking out your butt and bending at the waist. You should still be able to see your toes as you decend. At the point where your thighs have gone below parallel to the floor, you should feel your stomach touch your upper thighs (quads). Your knees should still be behind your toes with respect to your line of vision.Your breath should still be held. At this point, you’ll immediately stand up to the start, which is when you will start to exhale once you are nearly at the top. The purpose of this breathing practice is to maximize the stability given to your spinal column through IAP or intra-abdominal pressure. This pressure causes your abs to contract powerfully and will work together with the muscles along the spine to give strength and stability to your core and lower back.
Now you know what this simple breathing technique is and what it does. However, we do advise that you should be cleared by your doctor before performing this with any exercise in our gym. We are assuming that you are in perfect health before working out. Gym’s are mostly a preventive means to a disease and not a cure or rehabilitation.
For any questions, you can comment, email, call, or approach us at our gym.
Last January 28 and 29, the first ever RKC Hardstyle Kettlebell workshop was held at Eclipse Gym Shaw branch. After 2 days of blood, sweat and tears, we would like to congratulate these brave/tough men and women who have completed the workshop:
Here are couple of testimonials from the attendees regarding the workshop:
“Great workshop by RKC Ryan Sayco of Break Point Kettlebells, Hardstyle! PR, first time to do a 28kg Kettlebell TGU high bridge, this is what you can do with a good teacher. Then, 2 16kg KB hanging on feet Pull Ups!” – Michael Ng
“Awesome RKC Hardstyle Kettlebell workshop led by Coach Ryan Sayco. “ – Paulo Tatad
“Yaaay! I was late for work today because i was so sore i couldn’t move too much hahaha!” – Kathleen Balubar
Luckily for those of you who didn’t get a chance to attend the RKC Hardstyle workshop, there will be a second and last workshop before Ryan Sayco RKC returns back to Korea.
In this workshop you will learn the following Fundamentals of Hardstyle:
2) Turkish Get up
4) Military Press
No experience necessary, consult your physician before doing any form of physical activity.
When: Saturday, February 11, 2012 (10:00am until 6:00pm)
Cost: 2,500 Pesos: Full payment is due ON or before Feb 9th, if not we cannot Guarantee a spot for you since limited training spots are available. We prefer smaller classes to allow more interaction with Instructor and students.
Bring: note book, water bottle, towel, and an empty mind
Leave at home: your Ego and shoes
Lunch: there are several restaurants nearby to satisfy your stomach after a hardstyle workout
Separate yourself from the ordinary…
- Learn how to integrate kettlebells with other types of training.
- Gain hands-on guidance, correct unknown flaws in your own technique—to transform your athletic performance.
- Eliminate the compromise between power and safety—by mastering unique alignment techniques that channel the force away from your joints.
- Instantly “lighten” heavy weights—with dramatic, little-known, high tension techniques.
- Master the skill of ‘relaxed tension’ for going the distance with power.
- Little-known solutions to unlock the full power of your performance…
- Discover the little-known breath technique which dramatically boosts your stamina and endurance
- Learn how to ‘shift gears’ for maximum performance in a variety of applications, from heavy lifting to kettlebell throwing to girevoy sport
- Eliminate “power leakages” in your muscles to greatly improve your strength
- Learn breakthrough techniques to overcome sticking points
- Understand the true meaning and application of “body hardening”
Now your body can truly stand up to rough use in the real world…
- Conquer stagnation by linking the right exercises together into exceptional 10-20 minute circuits
- Develop a warrior-like resilience—to endure and overcome the toughest task
- Discover how to train without pain around a variety of injuries—and neutralize the apparent deficiencies of a “high-mileage” body
- Amplify your lifting power with martial arts “rooting” techniques
- Discover how to vastly improve your mobility and flexibility with kettlebells
For the kinds of results the pros get…
- Boost your efficiency and generate greater results with fewer exercises
- Discover the real secret of “core training”—to unleash your true power
- Guarantee your “victims” can successfully employ the secrets of abdominal pressurization—within minutes—for a tremendous boost to their strength
- Understand the finer points of “power breathing”
- Learn how to generate optimal power with the unique “power inhalation” technique—while simultaneously unloading the spine
It may seem impossible but the results will speak for themselves…
- Boost your deadlift and squat with kettlebells
- Learn kettlebell applications for elite cardio-respiratory endurance
- Know how to get a top-of-the-line whole-body workout with just one kettlebell
- Discover how to make a drill easier or harder without changing weights
- Learn the key skill of shock absorption—for harder, yet safer play
Take your training to the next level…
- Correct deficiencies and fill the gaps in your personal kettlebell training
- Receive invaluable lessons on how to apply kettlebell lifting to sports, combat, and life’s worst surprises
- Grasp the rationale behind the use of kettlebells, and understand why kettlebell training rules over traditional fitness methodologies.
Remember, slots are very limited so reserve yours NOW!
You may email Breakpointkettlebells@gmail.com to reserve a slot.
A female friend asked me this question just this morning. The answer is simple and didn’t take me more than a few seconds to answer.
If you just want to lose weight and look “thin“, the answer is no. But if you want to look “sexy“, the answer is a definite yes!
If you just want to look thin like the marathoner below, all you’ve got to do is take long walks or jog around for a few hours everyday and watch what you eat.
But if you want to have shapely butts and thighs, toned arms and you want to look sexy and healthy like the athlete below, you need to do some olympic lifting and other types of resistance training.
IMHO, having a really flat butt (see below) can be as unattractive as having a flabby one.
Our perception of beauty has changed and thin is the new fat..but fat is still fat No excuses! Now hit the gym!